food for thought announces grants for shelters
- Be one of the first 100 organizations to adopt a written animal friendly menu policy beginning no earlier than February 1, 2014.
- Must operate as an animal rescue and sheltering organization in the United States.
- Classified as a 501(c )(3) organization or municipally funded entity.
- Policy must be similar in language and intent as the Humane Society of the United States' own policy. "Free of animal products" signifies an animal friendly or plant based policy (no meat, dairy, eggs or animal byproducts).
- Verbiage of the policy must include/reflect all shelter-sponsored events.
- The organization's Board of Directors must adopt the policy formally and proof of its passage shown to Animal Place (e.g., - minutes from the Board meeting).
The award is a one-time gift of $250.00 per organization. Priority will be given to those with a brick-and-mortar facility and hosting public events. Learn more about this grant and how to apply by clicking here.