Attendees commented favorably on the food choices, saying they were impressed that Greater Farallones Association took a big step and made an impactful statement by making the event vegan. In turn, the Summit organizers were pleased, mentioning that the organization has “Evolved our understanding of the impact our collective food choices make on the environment and want to promote this to our attendees who all work in the environmental conservation sector.”
On the menu:
- Bagels with hummus, assorted jelly jams, “Smart Balance” vegan spread, sliced tomato, cucumber, and capers.
- Fresh fruit platter
- Coffee and tea service with soy and almond milk
Hors d' Oeuvres
- Fresh spring rolls with cucumber, mango, mint, and cilantro, served with spicy peanut sauce
- Grilled vegetable platter with seasonal vegetables and homemade hummus
- Tomato bruschetta with diced tomatoes and basil and balsamic vinaigrette, served on a garlic crustade
- Roasted portabella mushroom with pesto, balsamic and pickled red onions, cherry tomatoes, and mixed greens served on focaccia
- Homemade farro salad with kale, pomegranate, and maple vinaigrette
- Greek salad with Kalamata olives, tomatoes, cucumber, and vinaigrette
- Assorted grain breads and rolls
- Fresh Fruit Platter
- Vegan Cookies
Please join us in thanking Greater Farallones Association for taking a leap and producing a fabulously sustainable climate-friendly event.