FOOD FOR THOUGHT GRANTS:
$25,000 to be awarded
Thanks to the generous support of a donor, Animal Place's Food for Thought campaign is delighted to be able to award $25,000 in grants to deserving organizations that adopt an animal friendly menu policy! The funding will be distributed to the first 100 companion animal nonprofits that meet the following requirements. The award is a one-time gift of $250.00 per organization. Please note that priority will be given to those with a brick-and-mortar facility and hosting public events.
- Be one of the first 100 organizations to adopt a written animal friendly menu policy (within the last six months).
- Be an endorser of the Food for Thought campaign.
- Must operate as a companion animal organization in the United States and Canada.
- Classified as a 501(c)(3) organization or municipally funded entity.
- Policy must include language that states food served at all organizational events will be vegetarian or vegan.
- The organization's Board of Directors must formally adopt a written policy and share with Animal Place (e.g., minutes from the Board Meeting).
It is incongruent with our guiding principles to support industries that raise and slaughter animals for food, as these animals often live in inhumane and even torturous conditions. Given the above, food served at all Best Friends staff meetings and employee events, the food that employees are reimbursed for while traveling, employee food choices when meeting with donors, and food served at any other Best Friends–related events should be vegetarian, and whenever feasible, entirely plant-based. "