COMPANION ANIMAL ORGANIZATIONS
Thanks to the generous support of a donor, Animal Place's Food for Thought campaign is delighted to be able to award $25,000 in grants to deserving organizations that adopt an animal friendly menu policy! The funding will be distributed to the first 100 companion animal nonprofits that meet the following requirements. The award is a one-time gift of $250 per organization. Please note that priority will be given to organizations that host public events and that operate out of a brick-and-mortar facility.
- Be one of the first 100 organizations to adopt a written, board-approved animal-friendly menu policy (within the last 6 months).
- Endorse the Food for Thought campaign.
- Operate as a companion animal organization in the United States or Canada.
- Classified as a 501(c)(3) organization or municipally funded entity.
- Policy must include language that states food served at all organizational events will be vegetarian or vegan.
- Submit Board Meeting minutes or other documentation showing formal adoption of written policy.
It is incongruent with our guiding principles to support industries that raise and slaughter animals for food, as these animals often live in inhumane and even torturous conditions. Given the above, food served at all Best Friends staff meetings and employee events, the food that employees are reimbursed for while traveling, employee food choices when meeting with donors, and food served at any other Best Friends–related events should be vegetarian, and whenever feasible, entirely plant-based."