COMPANION ANIMAL ORGANIZATIONS
Thanks to the generous support of a donor, Animal Place's Food for Thought campaign is delighted to be able to award grants to deserving organizations that adopt an animal friendly menu policy! The funding will be distributed to the first companion animal nonprofits that meet the following requirements. The award is a one-time gift of $1000 per organization that adopts a vegan menu policy and $250 per organization that adopts a vegetarian menu policy.
- Be one of the first 100 organizations to adopt a written, board-approved animal-friendly menu policy (within the last 6 months)
- Classified as a 501(c)(3) organization or registered charity
- Operate as a companion animal organization out of a brick-and-mortar facility (Note that some exceptions may be made for well-established groups without shelters. Please inquiry to email@example.com before applying)
- Host public events
- Policy must include language that states food served at all organizational events will be vegan or vegetarian
- Submit Board Meeting minutes or other documentation showing formal adoption of written policy
- Permit Food for Thought to list your organization on our Policy Leaders page
It is incongruent with our guiding principles to support industries that raise and slaughter animals for food, as these animals often live in inhumane and even torturous conditions. Given the above, food served at all Best Friends staff meetings and employee events, the food that employees are reimbursed for while traveling, employee food choices when meeting with donors, and food served at any other Best Friends–related events should be vegetarian, and whenever feasible, entirely plant-based."